Friday, July 3, 2009

Citizen NY0040-09W Glofish


With this 200m diver, you will no longer be afraid of the dark. The dial is covered with lumibrite leaving the markers black for contrast. However, I wished that the whole hands instead of the outline is black. It will be more contrasting I feel. Now please allow me to coin a moniker for this watch.. Glofish! Why? Because it glows and it's a diver! :P This 42mm(w/o crown) diver has a left hand screw in crown, maybe made for left handers? Nonetheless, it is a refreshing change from the usual right hand ones that I have. The reason why this watch kept calling out to me to bring it home is very personal. I remember when I was younger that my dad had a Seiko Kinetic which has this lumibrite dial and I was very fascinated everytime when he came home and walked up the dark stairs with the watch glowing brightly. Although he is no longer around, I can still recall this scene very clearly and it kept playing in my head when I was looking at this watch. Hopefully now the glow on my wrist would be as bright as the one in my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment