Friday, June 26, 2009

Orient CEM65002D Blue Mako


I recently purchased this from a local watch shop and got a very good price for it. Also known affectionately as the Blue Mako to watch collectors far and wide, this is the only watch with a blue dial in my collection. When you first pick up the watch, you would immediately feel the weight of this 41mm(w/o crown) piece, it is built like a rock. The japanese made 21 jewels caliber 469 is accurate to +/-3 seconds per day. What captured me most about this watch and finally made up my mind to own one is the dial. I once saw it on one of the shop owner's hand and I couldn't take my eyes of the blue dial. Every angle I look at it, it looks a different shade of blue. I just had to have one! Stunning electric blue, royal blue or deep midnight blue, you could find it if you looked hard enough. I would do the blue dial injustice to photograph it indoors, so I took it to the pool for some shots. Hope you will enjoy the blues..



2 comments:

  1. A real stunner there, and such amazing value. My fav Jap timepiece. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete